My name is Martin Múčka. I graduated at the Department of Language Pedagogy and Intercultural Studies in 2013.
After my graduation I worked in IBM Slovakia in Bratislava as Business Sales Specialist for HW and SW for CEE. I was responsible for:
- Bid management, Lead management
- Coverage of contract end-to-end processes (negotiations, quotes, proposals, contract registration and terminations, contract amendments)
- Multivendor, ServicePac and technical solution for distributors
- IBM Team Leadship Academy certificate
- Focal point of Lenovo transformation project
- Consultation of internal IBM processes and apps execution
At present I am employed in the company Reckitt Benckiser in Prague, Czech Republic as business Sales Specialist for OTC for CZ and SK and I am involved in:
- Reporting (PowerBI, Excel) of OTC market
- Analyses of CZ and SK Pharma market development
- CRM key user
- Focal point for distributors (Sales planning, stocks, trade plan)
- Business support of KAMs
What have I gained from university study?
- Analytical and out-of-the-box thinking
- Fast learning and memorizing of completely new topics
- Independence, self-criticism, humility, teamwork approach (the one-man-show is not working anymore in most companies)
What would I change?
- I would definitely attend more elective subjects related to business purposes (e.g. ICT, Excel for advanced users, another language (probably German language), marketing, presentation skills (huge difference to present a presentation in front of our class vs. CEO/CFO and actually justify your opinion).
What would I recommend to our students?
- Travel a lot (flight tickets for €5? Just a dream 10 years ago!)
- Don’t spend your time at university just to prolong your youth (spend your time wise guys).